'98 B90TLRW Oil system removed from motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '98 B90TLRW Oil system removed from motor

I'm new to the forum and have a question about a boat and motor that I have just recently bought. It is a Bayrunner Baja 19 with a '98 Yamaha B90TLRW 2 stroke engine with oil injection system. I live in Baja California about 400 miles below the US border. A long ways from the nearest Yamaha dealer. The previous owner had a local Mexican mechanic remove the oil injection tank and tubing. I don't know why. So now the gas is mixed with oil manually. I used the boat the first day I had it and all worked fine although there was an oil alarm indication on the tach. The second day I used the boat the engine went into a "limp home mode" and would not go above 2000 rpm. My question is: is there a way to bypass this safety system so the engine won't go into "limp home mode" by maybe disconnecting some wires or something? I read in the owners manual that there is a yellow wire on the cdi unit that can be unplugged. I plan on finding the parts I need to reassemble the oil injection system but that will have to wait until I can get up to the states this summer.
    Thanks in advance for any advice
    Larry
Working...
X