need help Iding a replacement starter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help Iding a replacement starter

I have a F90TLRD which has a date of 06/04 on it. First as far as I can tell the F90 TLRD was made for 2005 I am trying to replace the starter, is the starter the same as a 2004 and 2005 . The number on the old starter are 6C5-81800-00 and a hitachi # S114-916A. Don't really want to spend 300-400 on a replacement unless I have to. Ebay has several but none list my model as replacement parts thks for any help given ed

Not really sure of your question.

As you note, an F90TLRD uses a 6C5-81800-00-00 starter assembly. Previous year F90's used a 67F prefix starter assembly. An F90TLRC was a carbureted motor. The F90TLRD and later are fuel injection. Different motor, different starter.

Find an auto electric shop that can rebuild your starter if your objective is to save some bucks. Might just need new brushes.

Comment

My questions are
      1. Some net sites market the 67F starter was applicable to 2000- 2010 . They look the same, do you know of any differences ? also look like mine.

2. Is there after market supplier- ??

Understand your recommendation, but I had smoke coming out and the starter would not disengage. thks for your help ed

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
      Not really sure of your question.

As you note, an F90TLRD uses a 6C5-81800-00-00 starter assembly. Previous year F90's used a 67F prefix starter assembly. An F90TLRC was a carbureted motor. The F90TLRD and later are fuel injection. Different motor, different starter.

Find an auto electric shop that can rebuild your starter if your objective is to save some bucks. Might just need new brushes.

Comment

Originally posted by submariner47 View Post
        My questions are
        1. Some net sites market the 67F starter was applicable to 2000- 2010 . They look the same, do you know of any differences ? also look like mine. Why not take their word for it then? Then, let the Yamaha community know the results.

2. Is there after market supplier- ?? None that I know of.

Understand your recommendation, but I had smoke coming out and the starter would not disengage. thks for your help ed
        Yam apparently can't make up their mind as to what part number starter to use on an F90. The list below shows several but Yam data ties them to specific model types or production dates.

Smoke or not, you never know if your starter is rebuildable until you get a shop to say so, or not.

Last edited by boscoe99; 05-19-2014, 02:30 PM.

Comment

starter for yamaha 90 2005

motor is burnt. I took it apart, at least one of the commitator bars has pulled loose and it appears the armature will need replacement. Arco has a replacement starter for 460 plus change. still trying to understand why the 2004 would not be interchangeable

Comment

replacement starter for yamaha

Arco makes a replacement starter 2/3 price of yamaha

Comment

Working...
            X