Yamaha 85hp parts question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha 85hp parts question

I need to buy parts for a C85TLRR - ser# 418534.
    I need to rebuild the trim/tilt unit.
    What will I need other than a wrench to remove cylinder caps, seals and fluid?

I had my local yamaha service department repair one of the cylinders but it started leaking within 3 months. I would rather not go down that road again.

Thanks,
    Chas

I only have one cylinder that is leaking. Can I just replace the seals and gaskets for that one cylinder? According to your diagram at
    http://www.boats.net/yamaha/partsyst...mponent=354620
    the parts that I need are 4-9. Is that correct? I don't see part #4. Are there other parts (seals or gaskets) that I should replace?
    Can you give me a price on the wrench to remove the cap, the fluid, and the parts that I need?

Thanks,
    Chas

Comment

It's the left cylinder (looking from the back of the motor) that's leaking.

Comment

#4 part number is 6H1-43861-10-00.
        If you needing seal for top cap order 93210-18322-00 and 6H1-43812-00-00.
        The tilt cylinder cap wrench is YB-06175-2B.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Trim cap removal tool

Why they make this so difficult is hard to understand. Yamaha won't sell the tool direct, it has to be from a dealer and the cost is about $130 and my local Yamaha service place (who won't rent it out) say that you are likely to break the tool anyway because it will take a hammer and punch to loosen the bolt cap.

Then there is an Armstong Face Spanner wrench sold by Sears, for the 1 1/4 inch size required. Cost 13.99 plus shipping.

I'll advise if it works when I get it.

Comment

Working...
          X