Determining model year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Determining model year

I bought this Yamaha 25hp 2 stroke a few days ago but I haven't been able to determine its model and year as I need to buy some parts.

The label on the motor states YAMAHA 25VM 61R L 300786

Can you please assist me?

Thanks!

My best guess is it is a 2002 model year.

What does ametelo say?

Are you sure it is a 25VM? I can only find data showing a 25BM.

Where are you located? Appears that you are not in the USA, or at least this is not a Yamaha USA model. If out of the country get the part numbers for the stuff you need from your local Yamaha point of contact. Then see if those parts are available from boats.net

Comment

Your motor was manufactured in 1992 (doesn't mean year of purchase) I bought my 30 new in mid 1995 but was manufactured 1993.
      The data you posted above is all you need to get parts for your motor unless you want them from US.
      In that case you have to look for C25MLH (US model) that match with your motor.

Have a look on attachment.

Good luck.
      Last edited by almetelo; 06-15-2014, 07:28 AM.

Comment

You have much better data than I do. I am just going to call on you in the future.

Comment

Thanks!!!!

Comment

By any chance I am fixing this engine on a Cougar Cat and I need the remote attachment as I will be using a foot throttle and a steering, however there seems to be no attachment kits for this model? Can you please confirm what part number I should be looking at?

Cheers!

Comment

Possibly

6L2-48501-11-00 YAMAHA REMOTE ATT.KIT 25D

1993 25MLHR Yamaha Outboard STEERING GUIDE ATTACHMENT 1 Diagram and Parts

Almetelo? Do you agree or ???

Comment

Boscoe I didnt had a look carefully but if you say so I (we) trust you as you are one of the experts here.

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
                You have much better data than I do. I am just going to call on you in the future.
                on a previous thread I invited you to send me a PM with your email to send you the data but didnt receive it but I'm always glad to help when you need.

Comment

Working...
                X