ox66 excessive oil in chambers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tbtech24 View Post
    Charge coil failed resistance test and low speed voltage check. Time to replace the stator.
    Thanks for the follow up. Was this a high hour engine? Any idea why it went?
    1999 Grady Sailfish SX225 OX66
    1998 Grady Tigercat S200 lightening strike (totalled)

Comment

the pulser coils are six individual coils mounted inside and seperatly from the stator.
      all they do is generate a trigger signal for ign and injector timing.

some manuals refer to high and low speed coils.
      the OX66 does NOT use high and low speed coils no matter what the manual says.
      OX66 charge coils are bank to bank not high and low.
      lose a coil on OX66 and you lose a bank.

lose a low speed on a carbed V6 and lose all 6.

a quick way to tell you ask?
      a bit of common sense.
      if the spec for both charge coils are the same then its bank to bank.

Comment

Originally posted by rodbolt17 View Post
        the pulser coils are six individual coils mounted inside and seperatly from the stator.
        all they do is generate a trigger signal for ign and injector timing.

some manuals refer to high and low speed coils.
        the OX66 does NOT use high and low speed coils no matter what the manual says.
        OX66 charge coils are bank to bank not high and low.
        lose a coil on OX66 and you lose a bank.

lose a low speed on a carbed V6 and lose all 6.

a quick way to tell you ask?
        a bit of common sense.
        if the spec for both charge coils are the same then its bank to bank.
        With this said and tbtech test confirming bad stator. The symptom is the engine running on 3-cylinders right?

Comment

replaced the stator. I have spark on all cyls. Motor ran good for about20 mins like it does on after each time I replace parts. lp pumps, spark plug boots, spark plugs, and now stator. After twenty mins of running the symptoms come right back?
          Im lost

Comment

Replaced the stator. AS when I replaced lp fuel pumps, spark plug boots, spark plugs, the motor runs great for about 1hr through high and low speed. But it always goes back to the same rough idle. As well as drop in high rpm. The motor also increases rpm on its own. The thermostats are working properly. When I test the tps I don't get any readings with the key in the on position. When I rotate the top throttle valve the vst pump clicks but I still don't receive a good reading from the tps.

Comment

Is it still going through excessive amount of oil?

Comment

Its not going through the oil. Just oiling up the plugs chambers and o2 sensor. Shakes at idle and up to 1800-2000 rpm. Then at high rpm increases and decreases rpm all on its own.

Comment

get it to a shop that a Yamaha master tech works at.
                  I am sure he will have the knowledge, tools, and equipment needed to find the problems

Not sure why you say excessive oiling cylinders if motor is not using excessive oil, sounds like it is just not burning the mix properly
                  Last edited by 99yam40; 06-05-2014, 05:22 PM.

Comment

ANY sensor failure,other than O2,will cause ign timing to increase from about 3-7*ATDC to 7* BTDC and cause a high idle.
                    either study about what each sensor does or pony up the cash.

the ECU is seeing the rapid voltage increase when you rack the throttle at key on engine off and is group firing the injectors.
                    check your test harness.

Comment

Please be sure to post findings. This is a real beaut...

Comment

its a dirt simple closed loop speed/density EFI setup.
                        been around in the auto world since the late 80's.

wanna see an auto tech with a blank stare?

tell him you can run 15 min at 5200 RPM and it loses 300 RPM.

Comment

The only other sensor i can think of is the tps sensor. When i test.it with the key on i recieve no volts. Its supppse to be 0.48 volts at idle without number one cylinder linkage attached. Wide open is 5.0 volts. I get nothing. Just clicks from the vst pump when the number one cylinder butterfly is advanced to wide open.

Comment

Replaced the o2 sensor. Motor has ran great for a couple offshore trips. All of a sudden motor dies and wouldn't stay running. Had to be towed in. There is oil and gas mixture dripping from the lower unit prop hub. The motor will fire but runs like it's in fail safe mode. Idles at 400 rpm for a min then dies. Hooked up the winky blinky and only showed code 33. Ignition timing slightly adjusted during cold start. I have spark across the board. Compression is 115psi on all cylinders but the bottom of each bank. They are at 105 psi.

Comment

check lp pumps
                              check oring above vst pump
                              Last edited by jb123; 07-03-2014, 08:04 PM.

Comment

the lp pump are brand new and not leaking. There is gas/oil mix in the throttle body. Each cylinder has a little bit at the body of each. Im thinking leaking fuel injectors. Also when pulling apart the vst there is metal shavings around the filter screen and at the bottom of the vst tank. I have no idea where this came from.

Comment

Working...
                                X