Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha Jitters

Hello Guys,

Yesterday I have been scratching my head about a slight issue on my Yamaha four stroke 225. Every time I push the rpm's past 4,400 the engine seems to give a rapid juttering action.

Yes my batteries are pretty much shot with hardly any cranking amps but my voltage gauge ready 13v (I don't trust the reading lol) Could this be the problem? It sure does not seems like a fuel issue although I could be wrong.
    I got back to the moorings and pushed the RPM up to 4400 in neutral and it was doing the same.

Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Juttering?

No comprende.

Comment

I suspect its misfiring, or sputtering.

Anyway, you should be seeing about 14 volts at that speed. The batteries are likely not handling any load either. If the engines demand more than your batteries have, it won't run right..

IMO, You know your batteries are on their last legs. Replace them and check your charging system.

Start with the KNOWN issue, then go from there (if there are any more issues).
      Scott
      1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Hello guys. I finally was able to post a video of my yammie issue. Please see link for video. All of my hoses from fuel tank to racor to engine have been taken off, inspected for possible air leaks, and tightened all clamps on fittings. Racor has not be changed yet but the inline filter between the tank and racor has been replaced. Could it be the bad plugs as 'airbrush' said? I would hate to replace the injectors as they were just changed three years ago due to contaminated fuel. Having said this, I have not changed spark plugs in about two years. My batteries are bad with very low cranking amps but I doubt this is the issue.
        What are your thoughts? Any help or info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Yamaha 4 stroke - YouTube

Comment

Hi guys. Many thanks for all the help. I changed the racor fuel filter and now running like a charm! Here are the video links.

Yamaha fixed - YouTube

Yamaha fixed running - YouTube

Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
          X