Oil Level Gauge Ass.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil Level Gauge Ass.

Having issue with oil sending unit. (2005 z250txrd)
    1. I believe I have checked the float actuation correctly.
    2. I can activate the remote Oil pump with manual switch.
    3. Can not get the sending unit to start remote Oil pump by moving upper float. All I get is alarm
    Am I missing somethng ??

Might as well add question; Part number for Oil Level Gauge 2005 Z250TXRD - 61a-85730-01-00 or is it 61a-85730-03-00 and is there a difference ?
    Last edited by KW Triton; 05-11-2014, 09:55 PM. Reason: Add question

Except for the initial set up mode, the motor has to be running for the automatic transfer function to work. Is the motor running when you position the float switch to call for the transfer of oil?

It would be beneficial if you stated the core problem you are having.

By the way, the switch that activates the alarm is not the one that calls for oil to be transferred.

Do you have a Yam multifunction tachometer? If so, what are the lights or lcd's indicating?

Comment

In water after typical maintenance - 1 to 2 hours running around 3000 rpm
      - Oil alarm/light - Cut to idle - alarm clears
      -Turn around head to marina - Idle - Slightly increase speed - Oil alarm/light - alarm does not clear - Kill engine
      - Check level in both tanks - Remote - Full - Engine 1/2 full
      - Try manual switch - Pump does not run
      - Check wiring - bad wire BROWN - Repair
      - Remove remote tank check filter and clean - Jump 12vdc to pump - Pump runs
      - Reinstall remote tank - Manual switch works
      - Pump does not activate based on level in engine tank
      - Removed level switch - Based on test direction - Switch appears to be working
      DID NOT ATTEMPT FUNCTION TEST WITH ENGINE RUNNING - My best uneducated guess was that the manual switch worked with out the engine running so ----- the float switch should do the same .....??? I will try this after work this evening...
      Is there anything else my dumb#$@ needs to know ....???

Comment

If the remote tank is low on oil or if something tells oil module it is low(bad switch/wiring) it will not pump automatically but manual transfer will work

Comment

OK Boys ..... Even a Blind Hog Will Find an Acron Every Now and Then All is now well in the land of "Non Working" Oil Pumps....
          Cranked the engine... Siphoned 1/2 the oil from the engine oil tank.......and Low and Behold... we have an Alarm and Oil flow. Thanks for the input.....I believe this is the only place I have seen the direction on needing the motor to be running before the oil pump will kick on automagically......

Comment

For others that may come along and read this, not all Yams have to be running for the auto transfer function to be working. Just certain Yams are this way.

Comment

Working...
            X