2018 F75 to 90hp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by panasonic View Post

My thoughts are the engine was designed as a 90 hp and then derated to a 70hp with the use of fuel mapping....the ECU. No changes to the air system where made to derate the engine.

So the 70's air intake system is already capable of supplying enough air that a 90 would need.

All that is required is the proper ECU to bring it back up to a 90hp.
    Why then the use of a different air intake for the F75LB vis a vis the F90LB?

Comment

Seems like he was depending on what you wrote a little earlier, he changed his mind after you noticed and wrote about the silencer being different

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post

Why then the use of a different air intake for the F75LB vis a vis the F90LB?
        I was going on your earlier post saying that the only difference in the two was the ECU

Then your next post said the intake was different as well.... we where posting at almost the same time and I never seen that before I posted.

That is what I was basing my assumptions on....

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
          Seems like he was depending on what you wrote a little earlier, he changed his mind after you noticed and wrote about the silencer being different
          Yes.....correct Yam

Comment

What we had here boys was "a failure to communicate".

I started it by posting incorrect information when I did not dig deeply enough into the differences between the two models. Sorry. May bad as the kids say.

Comment

So a F75 weighs in at 353lbs (same as the F90) and the F70 weigh in exactly 100lbs less at 253lbs. WHO in their right mind would buy a F75???? 5 more HP with another 100lbs hanging on the transom is just plain dumb.

Comment

Originally posted by pstephens46 View Post

Can’t remember his name but he was some maniac from the Pacific Islands.....typed about as well as BajaKeith.
                I thought it was madharchod......

Comment

Originally posted by CatCam View Post

I thought it was madharchod......
                  that looks familier

Comment

I just seen I said 70hp several times when it's a 75 we where talking about...should pay more attention...

Comment

Just retired 2 weeks ago and might buy a boat rated for 75 so that is why I asked. To that guy who says the 70 is only 5 hp less but 100 pounds less.Really, does anyone ever talk about torque? I know the 75 will blow away the 70 at the start. Fill your live well , bring on all your gear, lunch and and your 250 pound buddy good luck taking off, that includes my 210 self. Puny 1 liter vs a 1.8 liter. Now I would prefer a 90 on this rig but a 2018 or 19 F75 might do the trick. Amazing how its such a secret in marine industry torque figures as in auto industry every vehicle has exact hp and torque specs but here its a big secret,shhhhhh.Thanks for the reply fellows, very appreciated.also the rig that I'm looking at has a 70 Yamaha 2 stroke. Would much rather have a new instant start 4 stroke as my last 2 boats were.

Comment

This boat can easily handle a 90 but in todays marketing world in fishing boat world want more power buy bigger more expensive boat, not for me.Funny but 70's and 80's bass boats 161/2 were rated at 150, my buddy owns one.Yes I am looking at a older used bass boat.

Comment

looks like you are looking at a boat with a 70 2 stroke, but then you want to know how to turn a F75 into a F90.
                          if the boat is only rated at 75 why ask about turning it into a 90?
                          if the transom is rated at 75 and is old, I am not sure I would push the limits set on it

but the rating of the boat is a good reason for looking for a 75
                          Last edited by 99yam40; 10-21-2018, 09:00 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X