225 O Ring issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 225 O Ring issue

I am looking for help with my 225. It is leaking gas at the output of the float chamber. There is a brass fitting that is connected to the float champer and held in with part 66K-13898-00-00 and screw 65L-14565-00-00. There is an O Ring on the brass fitting. This is not listed in any parts diagram. To get the O ring I have to buy the Float chamber cover for $435.00 for an O ring. I can not be the first person to run into this. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

dude.
    its an oring.
    napa sells them daily.

calipers and a bit of math will be your friend.

why this oring is not on the parts list? I dunno.

but its an oring.

just make sure the replacement is rated for use with gasoline.

Comment

Thats the problem, Napa, Orielys and all the other auto parts stores only carry 1 set/package of 2 different size o rings rated for gasoline. I have contacted Yamaha tech support and they gave me the same answer as the dealer. I have the sizes of the 2 pieces, inside and outside. Since I do not have a part number, nobody wants to help.

Comment

how can anyone look up parts that don't exist in the system?

its not that no one wants to help there is a liability issue as well.
        however once you determine the ID, OD and oring thicknesss its easy.
        its called calipers and math.

Comment

As Rodbolt says, quit looking for a Yam part number. Yamaha apparently does not sell the o ring separately. Or the brass fitting from what I can tell.

Go to a hydraulics repair shop and have them determine the size of the o ring. They can tell you the OD and the thickness. It will be metric. Who knows, they may have what you need. If not, get on Google and do a search for o rings rated for use with gasoline in the size you need.

Yam wanted big bucks for o rings used in an F40 intake manifold. I measured the size of what they used and got a bag of 100 for ten bucks.

We are not talking rocket science here. We are trying to help you but you have also got to help yourself. Or, just buy the cover.

For example
          http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalo...ges/orings.php
          Last edited by boscoe99; 05-10-2014, 09:17 AM.

Comment

O-RINGS from Aircraft Spruce

For example

Comment

Six degrees of separation later, well actually 3 degrees I was hooked up with someone in the know. She ended up getting me 10 of them. Freebies. Perfect. A little oil and persuasion later and problem solved.

Comment

same as the quad ring on a seastar helm.
                3 bucks a pop from seastar or 5 bucks a hundred.
                depends on what you wish to hunt for.

Comment

Working...
                X