Prop size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prop size

Good afternoon Guys I have an older mako 22 to 2400 pounds center console of the tea top I also have a 1996 Yamaha saltwater series 2 200
    I find I知 losing speed not RPMs same weight in the boat 17 M prop on it . It is the original prop I知 just wondering is it the engine getting old I only have about 600 hours on her.
    I just wonder if the prop overtime has lost its teeth also when I do have it at full throttle I知 at 5800 rpm痴 not at the 5500 the boat used to go 44 now I知 struggling at 41 ,42
    Any incredible advice that you may have would help me thank you

Originally posted by Richardr55 View Post
    Good afternoon Guys I have an older mako 22 to 2400 pounds center console of the tea top I also have a 1996 Yamaha saltwater series 2 200
    I find I知 losing speed not RPMs same weight in the boat 17 M prop on it . It is the original prop I知 just wondering is it the engine getting old I only have about 600 hours on her.
    I just wonder if the prop overtime has lost its teeth also when I do have it at full throttle I知 at 5800 rpm痴 not at the 5500 the boat used to go 44 now I知 struggling at 41 ,42
    Any incredible advice that you may have would help me thank you
    Your wording is a little hard to understand - by chance, did you happen to re-read it before you hit submit? There's seems to be extra/wrong words used and missing punctuation. Can you please re-write it?

But... if I understand the jist of what you're saying... Your RPM's are higher than they used to be and your speed is lower than it used to be? Prop blades can flatten out over time - although that's not nearly as common with SS props as it is bronze or Nibral. However, take it to a prop shop and they can check it (pitch) and fix it, if needed.
    Last edited by DennisG01; 10-03-2018, 12:40 PM.
    2000 Yamaha OX66 250HP SX250TXRY 61AX103847T
    1982 Grady Weekender/Offshore (removed stern drive & modded to be an OB)

Comment

is the prop an aluminum prop or SS.
      Aluminum can wear down a lot quicker than SS.

I have had to send off my SS before to have metal added and reworked due to running in mud and sand

Comment

Working...
      X