250ETXD 1990 Power T & T how to

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 250ETXD 1990 Power T & T how to

I have been reading up on all the posts in this forum to learn how to repair the PT&T on my 1990 250ETXD which has a leaky top trim seal and doesn't power all the way up.
    I ordered the four pin tool off ebay and probably more o-ring and cap parts than I need off this site using the attached diagram as a reference.

Assuming I can get the top cap off (a big if as it's been in salt for most of its life) How do you drain out the old oil and bleed out the air when it's all back together?
    Should I try to take the bottom tubing off to drain #10 in the diagram?
    Should I take the caps off with the trim pistons all the way up or down?
    What part do I unscrew to bleed air? #s 27-30 are called manual release does this also bleed air?
    Is Dex3 ATF safe to use or should I go with the more expensive trim oil from the boat store?

Sorry for all the questions and if I missed a step by step guide somewhere here on the forum apologies just point me to it.
    I probably should get the shop manual not sure where to find it or maybe there is a pdf I can download.

Thanks for any pointers much appreciated.
    New to this forum
    Mike R.
    Attached Files

Sent a PM..
    Scott
    1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

suck out what you can with a vacuum type extractor, DO NOT crack the pipes loose.
      refillthe cylinders and resevoir with fluid and reassemble.
      the unit is self bleeding.

Comment

Thanks Rodbolt great advise the more you mess with these old things the greater chance you have of screwing them up.
        I did find a useful how to bleed guide over on another forum and made a pdf of it incase the link gets broken

Leaking trim seals
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Aquanut2; 05-02-2014, 12:00 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X