2006 f350

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006 f350

Got a 2006 f350 long story short just put lower unit back on from someone else tearing it off. Got it on checked motor oil just because. Nothing on dipstick went to add a quart and it comes out faster then it went In..pulled lower unit back off and there are 6 or 8 small holes around exhaust port that this oil is coming from any insight where to go? Obviously pull oil pan just seeing if theres any common issues being this customer wants his boat friday

are you a tech or a backadigan ?

are you aware of how to PROPERLY check engine oil level on the F350?

both answers be honest.

and where and how was the motor stored.

not about busting chops, just need info.

Comment

Tech.. yes well aware . Especially when you pull the drain plug and nothing comes out

Comment

Motor was stored outside with no lower unit on it since last fall.Have no idea if it had oil in it then.

Comment

Oil pan was cracked in 2 different areas. Assuming they didnt get all the water out since we had a rough winter here in indiana

Comment

there is also an issue if the cyl water deflectors get stopped up, it cracks heads.

Comment

Thanks for the reply rodbolt not very often you see a 350hp outboard where I live

Comment

I see to many.
                I hate the V8.

I have one apart now due to that deflector.

the gearcase is insanely heavy.

try a 200 hr service on a 36 contender with 3 of the dang things.
                12ft in the air changing plugs like a painter.

Comment

No thanks. Im not caring to much to work on this one. Customer has had nothing but problems with it.its on a barge to move boat lifts think he is gonna swap it out after this season

Comment

Working...
                  X