Need help in removing trim tilt 1997 60 HP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help in removing trim tilt 1997 60 HP

I have removed the six bolts on the sides, the upper motor pin on the big ram, the pump motor on left and the reservoir on right and cannot figure out how to remove the assembly. There does not seem to be enough room to clear the unit from the motor mounts that surround it. The unit is a 6H1-15. I would hope the motor does not have to be removed to get this unit out.

Thanks
    Last edited by Pacific Fisher; 04-29-2014, 12:00 PM.

Never did get the unit all the way out. I was able to gain enough clearance to remove and replace the electric pump motor with an aftermarket DB Electric unit. I discovered that the base gasket from DB Electric was too small and leaked so I had to reuse the thicker Yamaha stock one. I was able to service the two smaller shafts in place.
    One trick I learned is that after trying to fashion a spanner wrench to remove the caps, I carefully used a big pair of Chanel Locks and was able to remove and retighten all three caps without damaging them.
    Bolted the unit back in place and bled the air out and the tilt trim works as good as new. I am saving and rebuilding the old Yamaha electric motor to keep as a back up. I suspect the brushes are worn and the motor gradually ran weaker.
    Back in the water in time for what should be a great salmon season in northern California.

Comment

Didn't know the answer to your question so I didn't respond. Thanks for the update thou!

I did find (and save) sometime ago, a thread that seemed usefull in part of your project, specifically post #3:

Leaking trim seals
      Scott
      1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Working...
      X