Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• low profile temperature guage for T60TLR

Hi,
    I use the Yamaha tac/hourmeter on my tiller and it works great for keeping track of hours and monitoring RPMs. Here is what it looks like.

I would like to install something similar on my tiller to monitor engine temperature. Digital would be nice. Anyone have suggestions on a small temp gauge? Also, how is connected to the engine? and what fitting would it need to have?

Thanks
    Dave

So here is an aftermarket low profile digital temp gauge. Can anyone tell me how I could install this on my T60TLR?

KOSO-SUPER SLIM STYLE THERMOMETER

Comment

OK new approach,
      Can I install the digital temp sensor into the water pressure boss on the yamaha T6TLR? 14mm?

Thanks
      Dave
      Last edited by DaveSeas; 04-30-2014, 11:22 AM.

Comment

Install complete

OK, turned out to be a tidy install. Yamaha makes water pressure adapter fitting that screws into the water jacket next to the oil filter (MAR-WPRES-AD-TR W/P ADAPTER ASSY (Yamaha Motor) $11.64). Unscrew the hose barb and the temp sensor for the KOSO sensor screws in to the 1/8 pipe threads perfectly.

I initially installed a water pressure guage since yamaha actually gives you two bosses, one for temp and one for pressure. But the gauge was a little to clunky for the tiller and the temp guage gives me what I need. I change the impeller every 18 months anyhow.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by DaveSeas; 05-29-2014, 06:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X