Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fried impeller

Howdy folks...

Ok, so I fired up my motor in my driveway and after a couple of minutes realized she wasn't peeing. I shut down the motor and figured the muffs weren't properly getting water into the takeup. problably due to the muffs being too small I guess. Anywho, I had some smoke come out of the vents in the lower unit and assumed my impeller was fried. ok, i'm learning a lesson here.

I get a water pump kit and proceed to remove the lower unit. No problems here. Remove the 4 bolts holding down the impeller housing, but the housing itself will only come up the shaft about a quarter of an inch. in the discharge port of the housing it looks as though the plastic melted and is obstructing. No problems, the housing clearly needs to be replaced.

My real problem/question is that I can't move the housing up the shaft. the shaft turns, the destroyed impleller still turns in the housing, but the housing just will not slide up the shaft. Am I missing something? Anyone with suggestions?

Fried impeller

If you don't mention the model number, Rodbolt will chastise you and can't help you! Please state your model and year of manufacture and I'm sure the guys will assist you.
    There is no task too simple for some people to complicate!
    Challenger 16ft - 1999 Yamaha 130 BETO

Comment

***. someone listened.
      but a model number would be nice.

or pry on the wobbleator.

Comment

If the drive shaft is clean with no visible restrictions i would cut off the melted housing, being careful not to damage the shaft.

Comment

Sorry... 2005 F225TXRD.

ended up cutting off the housing. New parts arrive tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
          X