Parts question for Boscoe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parts question for Boscoe

The mechanical fuel pumps on the F150TXRD have a couple parts that do not show on the diagram. Two little internal check valves and a clear diaphragm. Can’t remember exactly the order of removal... are they “”part”” of another part number?
    Last edited by pstephens46; 09-10-2018, 09:05 PM.

I suspect that you are talking about all of the doodads that are a part of body 2?

Comment

Yes. Apparently I missed whatever page where that detail was shown. Thanks.

Comment

Wonder what parts Rodbolt would replace if he felt the mechanical fuel pumps were failing?

Comment

Originally posted by pstephens46 View Post
          Yes. Apparently I missed whatever page where that detail was shown. Thanks.
          The page showing components of body 2 is from an F150 service manual.

Comment

I would simply replace the pump. quicker, easier and now you have a warrenty for 1 year.

Comment

I would think since he could save the owner money by skipping the labor cost of taking apart to find what was causing the problem and be sure it did not come back for a redue he would replace the whole thing.

but it you were to do yourself, you would take apart and find out what parts are failing to do their job properly

dang it I was way to slow typing and posting my reply

Comment

Originally posted by rodbolt17 View Post
                and now you have a warranty for 1 year.
                anyone have a link to the "Warranty" information for "Yamaha Genuine Parts" -

or care to explain how it works in practice?

Comment

I am thinking he is referring to the shops warranty for the repair.
                  say he replaced a check valve in the pump, and then an o ring, diaphragm,or the other part has a problem
                  Last edited by 99yam40; 09-11-2018, 08:23 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X