Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2006 Yamaha F150TXR Low Pressure Fuel Pump Problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006 Yamaha F150TXR Low Pressure Fuel Pump Problem?

2006 F150TXR with 420 hours - the VST tank and filter were serviced 1yr/100hours ago, also replaced the injectors at that time and all other 100hr service requirements.

A couple of weeks ago engine started cutting out at 5200 RPM, dropping to ~3400 RPM and has gotten progressively worse to the point of cutting out at 2500 RPM. When I pump the fuel bulb, it seems to help.

I tried running the engine with the fuel fill cap open and ran it on a new portable 5 gal tank - they symptoms remain the same.

I'm thinking this could be a low pressure fuel pump issue - could I check the input line vacuum pressure or check the output line pressure or check the output volume of fuel pumped for say 1 minute to determine if the pump is working up to specs?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

monitoring fuel pressures of both pumps
    and cleaning VST or replacing filters and screens if you find pressure problems might be a place to start.
    Might check for a pressure relief/re circulation valve
    along with restriction and air leak on suction side of lift pump

Comment

You say pumping the primer ball seems to help? Should help a bunch if lp pump is the issue. May be funk related. Especially if you had to replace injectors last year. 590 hours and never touched mine.

Comment

Working...
      X