50 hp problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 50 hp problems

My 50EJRQ is having problems, starts great, WOT is great, but mid throttle is just cutting out, almost like it's down on cylinders, and the start to come in as it hits WOT. I have rebuilt the carbs, and rechecked them, fuel system all new, just seems to do this all the time, nothing I seem to do helps!

A little more info, did a warm compression test, all cylinders good (100) by my gauge, fuel pump is new. Just went out and changed plugs around, and pulled wires off while it was running. My bottom cylinder has spark, but makes no real difference when I pull off the wire, so I changed out plugs from the other cylinders, still with the same result, bottom cylinder makes no difference. It is coughing at idle, spark doesn't seem as strong as the other cylinders, but will jump at least an inch to the plug.... Really puzzled!

Comment

Also, the bottom carb has the choke/starting system on it, not real sure what all of it does, I rebuilt carbs, but never to he'd that part, just unbolted it. Could that carb be fouling thing out, or putting to much fuel in or something?

Comment

your coughing is more than likely lean sneeze

Too little fuel can be a problem just like too much.
        You did not clean everything properly from what you said and my bet is you did not do the link and sync as service manual calls for after installing carbs

Comment

I did the carb install the way the manual told me to, it is con*****ed by the CDI system, not much adjustment to be done with this setup. Rechecked float heights, this is not a lean sneeze, there is a pronounced cough that shuts motor down at idle, and bottom cylinder does not affect the running of the motor when spark plug cap is pulled, but has spark, and changed the plugs from the working cylinders to the bottom one without any affect. I thing the choke/startup system is affecting that cylinder, maybe to rich, to much gas, something.

Comment

Working...
          X