X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What, no Rodbolt???

Scott
    1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Stupidly simple speed density system used.

Googlit.

Comment

Actually it's a stupidly simple SINGLE CAST block, cylinder, crankcase and head-ONE piece...

Don't get much simpler than that!
      Scott

Comment

Even better it still runs
        Retired and Loving Life

Comment

Originally posted by RetiredGuy View Post
          Even better it still runs
          Actually, it doesn't.

It's a customers and the one main crank bearing (roller), is worn out. Mucho play on the flywheel side, the flywheel actually smacking the ignition coil locking up.

If you look close, the crank counter balance in pressed and peened over once everything is in the block. The ultimate disposable engine!!
          Scott

Comment

Chinese motor

Comment

just like some small air compressors, you can take them apart and put them back together if you are willing

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
                just like some small air compressors, you can take them apart and put them back together if you are willing
                Nope, not this one.

The crankshaft is peened over. They apparently slip the piston and rod from underneath, then slip in the crankshaft COUNTER WEIGHT, then press in the straight part of the crank and peen it. I tried beating it out (just for S&G's).

The crankshaft bearing is the same size as the Ryobi blower attachment, but two bearings side by side.. First lower bearing I've ever seen fail on these lil motors...
                Scott

Comment

a good press and clean up after pushing it out can be done.
                  that peen does not cover much .
                  marking the rod, shaft ,or weight before taking it apart helps if you plan on putting it back together.
                  all kind of bearings can be found on line, but may take awhile to get them

I replaced bearings in 2 small electric compressors after being flooded during Harvey that I did not think they could be taken apart that were done like that.
                  and they also had set screws back behind the counter weight that were difficult to get to

took a lot of thinking about, but got it done

what did that motor run?

Comment

Actually things can be made stupidly simple, but tend to be assembled strictly one way and never meant to be "reverse" assembled. Ie. unfixable.

So we need to thank that there are still many motors that actually have still enough design in them that they are made to dismantle and repair. Although parts list are tending to have more and more assembled units and not individual components available.

The day is approaching when piston rings won't be available anymore. It sort of makes sense, as these tend to last the "life" of the engine, life being the time a vehicle would be in first ownership before being traded to a flashier latest model.

Comment

a good press and clean up after pushing it out can be done.
                      that peen does not cover much .
                      marking the rod, shaft ,or weight before taking it apart helps if you plan on putting it back together.
                      all kind of bearings can be found on line, but may take awhile to get them

I replaced bearings in 2 small electric compressors after being flooded during Harvey that I did not think they could be taken apart that were done like that.
                      and they also had set screws back behind the counter weight that were difficult to get to

took a lot of thinking about, but got it done

what did that motor run?
                      It's an OLD Homelite, 25cc weed eater (given to my commercial customer).

Just a carb clean, new fuel lines, worn cutting head make the repair not worth it.

As for the bearings, I just ordered and received the same bearings, (not rubber sealed but steel sealed) for a Ryobi attachment -$20.00 for 4 top of the line bearings.

If it ran great, might be worth $40.00. Or a very small anchor for a very small boat...

These folks have about EVERYTHING, great customer service too: http://www.usabearingsandbelts.com/

Scott

Comment

I will bookmark that site, but seems their prices on some stuff is way too high.
                        I found some double rubber sealed bearings locally at Fastenel that were priced low

Comment

I will bookmark that site, but seems their prices on some stuff is way too high.
                          I found some double rubber sealed bearings locally at Fastenel that were priced low
                          I found them on E-Bay. The original bearings I saw were half the price(4 for $10.00). The ones I bought are allegedly much better.
                          They don't make this "blower assembly" anymore so I got extra's (the main working end of the unit) so it'll last my lifetime..
                          Scott

Comment

Y’all killing me. The real question. Where is Rodbolt? Yam- wife killed my brisket this weekend. Horses. Too busy. Dammit.

yall know they have horse chiropractors? God help me....

Comment

Originally posted by pstephens46 View Post
                              Y’all killing me. The real question. Where is Rodbolt? Yam- wife killed my brisket this weekend. Horses. Too busy. Dammit.

yall know they have horse chiropractors? God help me....
                              I believe he was speaking of the motor not having Rodbolts.

how do they crack them horse bones

killing a brisket could mean ate the whole thing,
                              or more then likely she did not allow you to buy one
                              Last edited by 99yam40; 09-07-2018, 08:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X