Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• water line

Hi,
    i have no much water coming out of the tell-tale.
    checked water pump, including the impeller and all looks good, tested the thermostat in hot water and opens as it should.
    i noticed that there's not a grommet between the water tube and the water pump housing. Is that normal? does the pump not lose pressure that way?
    If there should be one, any help to find the code, pls?
    Many thanks in advance,
    Daniele

What engine is this? Always include that info.

You mentioned "checked water pump, including the impeller "... that makes it sound like you have you two pumps, which sounds more like an I/O? Assuming you just mis-typed, you dropped the lower unit and physically inspected the impeller? How bent where the fins? Was there ANY scoring on the plates? If you can get your fingernail caught, even a little bit, it's probably too much.

In the water or on a hose? In water is better. New issue - or has it always been like this? At idle only?

Try clearing the pisser - sometimes they get clogged. If no joy, follow the pisser's tube inside the cowl to wherever it goes and check for water there.
    Last edited by DennisG01; 08-26-2018, 06:58 PM.
    2000 Yamaha OX66 250HP SX250TXRY 61AX103847T
    1982 Grady Weekender/Offshore (removed stern drive & modded to be an OB)

Comment

Hi,
      Thanks for the reply.
      It's 1986 Yamaha 6H3 L BET 350881 which I bought just few weeks ago.
      No double pump, just my mistake. I meant the impeller and the housing with the gaskets.
      I've followed the water system from the leg up to the thermostat and couldn't find any obstruction.
      I made a grommet with a tab gasket and the flow seems to have improved, this is why I was wondering if there should be one.
      i always test it with a hose, but the situation did not change when i used in the water.
      Thanks

Comment

it appears there are several parts
        which should be inserted into the pump housing to seal against the water tube

Comment

Originally posted by fairdeal View Post
          it appears there are several parts
          which should be inserted into the pump housing to seal against the water tube
          Guess you figured out the horse power and MODEL # by the VIN #, correct?

I don't know why folks can't post basic engine information..
          Scott
          1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Working...
          X