No announcement yet.

Brand new F25 LWTC, 'bogs down"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From reading this it seems, and was suggested, the engine is getting too much fuel; that it is not a fuel restriction issue.
    Its a pity that this is making your trip less enjoyable.

One lesson I've personally learnt and follow is never do any maintenance immediately prior to a trip, and never immediately start out on a trip with a new engine, boat, motorbike, car etc. There is some "settling" and "proving" to be done first. And that means considerable miles and time. How much is the question.

As an example on the maintenance issue, in the past on planning an outback trip in my 4wd, I've had new tyres leak because they were not seated on the rim properly, I've had oil leak and critically lost oil by the non replacement of the sump plug washer and by the doubling up of oil filter O rings where the old one was not removed, I've had fan belts fall off because they weren't settled in and retightened, I've had water hoses and turbo air hoses fly off again because they weren't settled and retightened.
    You get the picture, these things happened well into the trip, and of course as luck would have it, miles from anywhere off the beaten track.

Now with a new engine, you not only have the above possibilities, but a chance the thing was not quite put together right, or contaminants entering upon original assembly. I've seen bits of plastic and metal shaving in fuel systems and in oil galleries in new engines.

You have also always the possibility that something has loosened through vibration, or the hot and cold expansion cycle. This is where older engines tend to have bolts and nuts seized in place overtime.

Comment

Originally posted by bjacobs@sourceones.com View Post
      I doubt it is relevant, but one of the condensors failed at about 100 hours (near Surf City, NC). A simple replacement and we were off again.
      I am not sure what this condencer you talk about is

Comment

Working...
      X