Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1995 Yamaha C85 fuel consumption has increased.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two Strokes suck on gas. It's a 171/2 ft 1964glasspar that we fish offshore and spend a lot of our day *****ing at 2100rpm which is about 6.5-7kts. Of course we're not on plane and that's about the worst speed for gas mileage.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael B View Post
      Two Strokes suck on gas. It's a 171/2 ft 1964glasspar that we fish offshore and spend a lot of our day *****ing at 2100rpm which is about 6.5-7kts. Of course we're not on plane and that's about the worst speed for gas mileage.
      Interesting hull. Thanks. Looks like you may be Panasonic’s neighbor. Where are you located?

Comment

I want to know how he got that fish into the boat

Comment

Very carefully.

Comment

I am not sure I ever saw someone boat a large fish very carefully.
            Just stick them and get them in anyway you can
            some may take more than one or 2 people to get it in

Comment

In Homer, Alaska they shoot the halibut before even attempting to bring them into the boat. Those are some very strong (and possibly big) fish.

Comment

A good size flounder is hard to hold on to with just you hand, I cannot imagine how much force a big halibut could unleash;.

biggest fish we have hauled in to a boat was a 95 lb ling and it took a couple of us to drag it onboard with a gaff .
                got to make sure everyone and thing is clear of the thrashing fish.

Dolphin(fish) will go crazy(even the small ones) and cover everything with blood and slim when boated.

I bet large ones could hurt you also

Comment

Kill it with a gaff and tow it in behind you...if not to far offshore and got the patience to do so.

Comment

Like the Old Man in the Sea did.
                    anyone remember that story?

Comment

The hull is deep vee up front and then flattens out in the back. We fish off San Diego and this fish is a Blue Marlin that rarely come here. We normally get Stripe Marlin two or three months out of the yr. This fish weighed 211. I pulled it in tail first past the motor over the engine wheel. What a day.

i put the boat on a lake today and checked the temp. I took the cowl off and ran at 3k for a bit and it never got over 115. I guess my cooling system is working normal. Time to not worry and go fish.

Comment

Hey guys,
                        i finally got off shore fishing. A few findings.
                        1.the thermostat is 122 degrees and running in a barrel it runs 115 degrees on the thermostat housing.. Same in the water at 3000rpm.
                        I also ran sea foam but haven't rechecked the compression. I also replaced the fuel pump as preventive maintenance.
                        I don't know which one fixed it but on two different trips my fuel mileage increased and back up to 3.4-3.5 kmpg. Once again thanks for all your input.

Comment

Working...
                        X