Too Darn Bad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too Darn Bad

I guess we referred folks one too many times to the Vans Outboards website where Yamaha service manuals were available. They are no longer there. That I can find anyway.

This must have gotten back to mother Yamaha who more than likely had the dealer remove them.

That is too darn bad. I guess it had to happen sooner or later. I far as I am concerned the service manual should be included in the price of a new engine. Then if the buyer don't want the manual it can be taken off the price.
    I think most these days would opt out of having a service manual anyway...not many want to get their hands dirty anymore. They prefer to wear out their thumbs on smart phone's. .lol

Comment

most folks simply cannot read a service manual and think.
      everyone wants to blame the ECU first cause YDS said so.
      actually ECU failure is incredibly rare.
      I do have an LF250 that has a rare failure and it drove me nuts for a few hours.
      it will randomly toss codes for various sensors and always shows a knock sensor code.

Comment

Originally posted by rodbolt17 View Post
        most folks simply cannot read a service manual and think.
        everyone wants to blame the ECU first cause YDS said so.
        actually ECU failure is incredibly rare.
        I do have an LF250 that has a rare failure and it drove me nuts for a few hours.
        it will randomly toss codes for various sensors and always shows a knock sensor code.
        A service manual should be part of the kit with the engine. It does not matter if the owner can't read it, it would help someone else that may be asked to look at it. Not all competent outboard mechanics would have quick access to one.

Comment

any COMPETENT tech will have the correct manual.

Comment

Working...
          X