X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for Boscoe

Boscoe

My engine is a 20LG 6L3 L 300338.

I believe you mentioned a few times of a place to get non stock jets for older Yamaha 2 stroke engines?

Do you know who manufactured the carbs on my engine? They are stamped 6L200. There are some more markings on them that I can post if required.

I am looking to get a couple of slightly bigger pilot jets..#60 jets in there now.

Thanks

Looks like a 1988 20 HP two stroke motor.

I suspect the carburetor was manufactured by Keihin. The jets used in the USA model was a #60 idle jet and a #125 main jet.

I got some aftermarket jets from www.jetsrus.com I have also opened up some jets using mini drill bits I got from a hobby store.

Here is a Yamaha part number #64 6L2 jet but pricey from Yamaha

https://www.boats.net/product/yamaha/6L2-14342-32-00

Been meaning to contact you. How about the guy that stole the airliner in Seattle. Got the FAA trying to figure out what to do to stop this in the future. Gates at each taxi way and run way, to be opened and closed by the tower? What's to stop one pilot from shooting the other in the head and then flying the airplane into the Empire State Building? Folks can't accept that everything nefarious can be stopped.
    Last edited by boscoe99; 08-14-2018, 07:10 PM. Reason: Year correction

Comment

#130 main jet that I suspect might fit.

https://www.boats.net/product/yamaha/61N-14343-65-00

Comment

Thanks for the information, it is my engine , 1989. But the jet sizes are correct that you listed. Would you still suspect Klein for a late eighties engine?

I am still struggling to find out what is causing this stumble, cough, sneeze whatever you want to call it with the engine at idle. I posted a video for everyone to see but did not get much response. Been through everything on it three times or more..It runs perfect at everything from just off idle to WOT. Just wont idle smooth.

I think it is lean and for a experiment want to put a slightly bigger pilot jets in it to see what happens. I don’t want to drill my originals. I will check out that web site.

As for stealing planes..I don’t know how you are going to stop that. If you got an airside security pass then you have access to the planes. They are not hard to get going...especially the newer ones like the Q400..if you can get the power on it’s pretty much a one button start. Also with flight sim programs you can see exactly what you have to do to get it started, taxi and fly.

That young man didn’t just get aboard that plane and go on a whim ...he planned that ..to get away that quick.

Like you said, anybody on the secure side of the airport can plan and do something like that. Airplanes don’t have keys.

I listened to the ATC recording., very sad indeed. The young man was lost and troubled and he was just waiting for the fuel to run low and put her in. He didn’t want to hurt anybody else. Done some fancy flying as well.

Comment

Sorry for the big font...don’t know what happened.

Comment

Working...
          X