correct prop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• correct prop

I have another question, new boat and am trying to get things ship shape. Sorry for multiple questions. The current prop is a little worn, thinking (when I save enough) to get a new one. it is a 150 and is on a 22' flat bottom skiff weighing arond 1700 lbs with a jack plate. When the enging is jacked up to cross a shoal, she does tend to cavitate in turn and when trying to jump out on it in shallow water. I know this is basically inevidable, but does anyone have a suggestions on correct prop for this type boat and engine. Heard some advice about 4 bladed props for boats like this.

dg,
    Without hesistation I am going to refer you to a gentleman who is an expert in the field of outboard propellers. He is a respected member of another forum I belong to (maverickboats.com) and is the Power Tech prop rep in Louisiana. His email
    is marcus@ptprop.com.
    I warn you - he takes his job very seriously, and when he starts talking about props, you can't shut him up [img]smile.gif[/img] , and I like that about him - he wants his customers to be satisfied. He has years of experience with outboard props - tell him what you want in the way of performance, and he will deliver. And tell him I sent you (maybe he'll give me a discount on my next prop [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] )
    Good luck,
    Ken K

Comment

thanks

Comment

Working...
      X