No announcement yet.

2000 Yamaha 150 SX150TXRY - No Start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hopefully when they come back they will be 100% and you will be able start the motor without spraying fluid into the motor.

if not try what Rodbolt said

Comment

and the funny thing about the OX motor, you can simply pop the filter out of the injector clean it and pop it back in.
      mercruiser used the same injector back in the day and we used to be able to buy them from mercruiser.

Comment

Rodbolt was correct - clean injectors still no cold start Tried what Rodbolt suggested as to "racking" throttle and hit start - still nothing
        As before if I spray fuel and hit start it fires up and runs and will restart - but no start the next day
        Thanks again for all the help

Comment

Fixed - it was the O2 sensor - cold starts now no problem

Comment

Thanks for the update.

Seems no one nailed it.

May I ask how / what lead you to that sensor?
            Scott
            1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

I hope it is finally fixed,
              but I do not see how the O2 sensor could affect a cold start.
              O2 monitors things while running, not during start up

Another but tho, I had a truck that the MAF sensor went bad and it caused the cylinders to flood. I had to pull the plugs and spin it over to clear the excess fuel( while the fuel pump relay was pulled)
              I never under stood that either

Comment

don't know what you did but O2 sensor feedback is not used during cranking.

Comment

Being a old fart, with a lot of miles and not a boat mechanic - I took it to a local shop and that is what they told me the problem was - they said 100% clogged - they charged me for cleaning it and I had them replace the battery - So that is all they charged me for and I shall assume that is all they did
                  Started last 2 morning at the hit of the switch - that's all I know

Comment

maybe it is just turning over faster or voltage is holding up better with a new battery

Comment

Working...
                    X