Yamaha f60 over heating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha f60 over heating

Hi my yamaha f60 fuel injection model is giving a continues beep from controls.

I have water coming out the tell tail which feels normal temp.
    the head feels hot to touch.
    the thermostat is new.
    The engine oil is clear.

after engine is started after about 10 minutes from cold start the beep sounds then if I stop the engine and restart the sounds starts again after about 1 minute or less.

Any ideas what this might be. I was thinking blocked water ways in head?

Did you replace the water pump with a kit?

Comment

I would want to start by being certain it is an overheat alarm, not oil pressure.
      You haven't mentioned a visual indication - you don't have a tach that shows which?

Comment

The gauge has stopped working also

i have not change the water pump because it pumping water fast

Comment

When the motor has been running and the alarm sounds can you hold your hand in the stream or is it too hot? It should never get so hot that you cannot hold your hand under the stream.

Comment

Yamaha motors tell tail does not run thru the motor before exiting, so it will not get hot.
            it is just an indicator the the pump is pumping water

Comment

An exact model number would be good. I assume YDIS could be hooked up to to motor to determine the source of alarm. How else will he know the exact cause of alarm?

Pumping water fast does not mean water is getting where it needs to be.

Comment

When was the water pump last changed?
                Scott
                1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Working...
                X