Need help with wire harness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with wire harness

Just wanted to say this is my first post and first Yamaha motor. I just bought a 9.9 high thrust remote motor got it home and it has a 10 pin wire plug conector male end so I was bumbed I couldn't start it up . It going on a 18 foot boat with front steering so I ordered a 30 foot 10 pin female wire connecter. Only prob is when I got the 30 foot cable it y's off at the end to two plug conecters I only want a key switch and a trim switch up front so what wires do I use and what wires do I not use im going to cut off the conecters at the y end
    Last edited by k-dog111; 04-09-2014, 09:49 PM.

Comment

Comment

It is too bad that you did not provide the complete model of the motor in question nor did you provide the type of control box that you will be using. It makes a difference.

The Yamaha ten pin harness with two connectors at the help end is designed for the 704 control box that uses a remote key switch panel. For motors that have power trim and tilt. It would be wired as follows

Comment

Im not using a control box just a six wire push key in for choke and a separate trim toggle switch hope this make a little more since its mounting on a steering stick like a airboat

Comment

How are the shift and throttle functions done?

Comment

I will run two tela flex cables for that here are pocs of my old boat it had a tahatsu with manual choke so no need for a key switch the rubber button was just push to start and the toggle switch worked the cnc jack plate
              Last edited by k-dog111; 04-10-2014, 06:10 AM.

Comment

The t-handle was hooked to the telaflex cable for shift pull up forward push down reverse middle nutural

Comment

Im guessing the end with the white insert goes to the key switch because there is six wires going to it and the key switch I bought has six prongs so the solid black end must have the trim tilt wires does any one know what color wires I hook up to the toggle switch for that

Comment

Here is some information regarding wire colours and their functions. You are you own engineer.

Trim switch colours are red, and what I call sky blue (up) and grass green (down).

Last edited by boscoe99; 04-10-2014, 09:40 AM.

Comment

Ok there are ten lines shaded yellow I'm going with that's the ten wires that I have running to the front of my boat with this 30 foot cable????? Also was I right to assume the white color is for the key switch???

Comment

Yes, the ten colours that I shaded in yellow are those that are in the ten pin harness.

The white wire goes to both the key switch and the kill switch.

Comment

Thanks for all the help im going to try and get it working this weekend ill let ya know how things go thanks again

Comment

Working...
                          X