F150 wiring help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F150 wiring help needed

Hi, I am brand new to the forum and am hoping that someone can answer these questions for me. Yamaha dealers locally has been giving me conflicting answers and are not a lot of help.

1. Is the 10 pin connector at the motor male or female?
    2. I would like to build my own console around an already purchased Teleflex CH7600 shift/throttle assembly. Yamaha dealers locally tell me can't be done (come on!) and that I need to purchase a Yamaha control box 703/704. I might have found a source for a 10 pin harness (motor end) terminating in a 6 pin female (neutral interlock and tilt/trim) as well as a squared/circle 8 pin male for the key switch panel with alarm. I believe that this is part number 688-8258A-60-000 where the -60- likely indicates length in meters. Does anyone know what the wiring looks like inside this cable? Specifically, I am wondering about the pin out for the 8 pin squared circle connector. I have the 10 pin color/number chart and am simply trying to draw a complete schematic through all of my console.
    3. This harness should then connect to a Yamaha or aftermarket key switch panel with alarm. This panel has the matching 8 pin female squared/circle connector as well as 4 other wires. The 4 others are Yellow, Green, Red and Black or (ign+, Tach, +12v, -12V or Gnd). Does anyone have the wiring colors for the square/circle connector (picture attached).
    4. Probably dumb question but does the engine connector pin #5/Red +12v supply 12 volt back to my console or do I supply +12v on this wire? Reason I ask is that I already will have the starter cables attached to the motor so it has a ready source of +12v.
    5. Speaking of starter cables, can anyone tell me what the stud size is on the motor end for the +12vdc/Gnd cables? I would like to make up the cables but am not sure what ends to put on them.

THANK YOU for any and all help.

Luciano

BTW, the boat is a custom built CX19 fishing boat by Bateau.com. I have been working on the boat for several years and it is getting to be time to fit it out. I have not yet purchased the motor (hence all the questions) but would like to get it as ready as possible for next spring when hopefully it will be ready to be fitted with a motor.

Attached Files

Engine side ten pin connector has the pins. Control box side ten pin connector has sockets.

The F150 uses a ten pin wire harness but only 9 of the 10 pins are used.

The red wire in the ten pin harness conveys battery power to the key switch via the motor. Battery > motor > ten pin harness > key switch.

White = kill switch
    Green = tachometer signal
    Yellow = key on power
    Black = battery ground
    Sky blue = up trim
    Grass green = down trim
    Blue = not used
    Brown = starter relay
    Pink = warning horn ground

Comment

Thanks Boscoe99. That helps. I assume that the Dark Blue wire is reserved for Choke/Prime?

Comment

as your F150 does not use either a choke or a prime the dark blue is just along for the ride.

Comment

Working...
        X