Fuel Management and multi function sdpeedometer wiring question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Management and multi function sdpeedometer wiring question

I have twin 97 yamaha 150's and would like to know if any one has wiring diagrams for the fuel management gauge, and the multi function speedo/tach.
    I Would also like to know if there are fuses in line that would prevent them from being displayed in either the cowling or in other areas of the connection. Any informatin would be greatly appreciated, as Yamaha's suggestion was to buy new wiring harnesses to receive the diagrams!!
    Thank You

Hey Jim, there is a small harness addition that comes with the Yamaha FMS that connects from the FMS to the Speedo Multigauge. Did you buy the FMS new? The piece should have been in the box. It's about 8" long and fits the spare plug spot on each gauge. I don't know if you can get just that harness piece by itself.

Mike

Comment

The only fuses are the inline fuses in the harness that goes between Key switch and gauges (yellow and red wire has a fuse). If you have all Yamaha gauges and harness's then all just plugs togather. The harness from FMS has a 3 prong connector that plugs into the back of Speedo, 2 harness's go to the fuel senders and match colors to the power harness that comes from key switch
      Red - 12 volts
      Green - green on starboard tach
      Green/White - green on port tach
      Black - ground
      Blue - gauge backlight
      Yellow - 12 volts with key on (needs to be connected to same yellow wire as Speedo)
      Black and white/red are for water detector in fuel/water filter

Comment

Thanks,
        THe gauges came on the boat when it was new, but I did purchase replacement gauges from Yamaha through a dealer,and did not see an additional connector in the kit.
        I will pursue with them,
        Thank you again!

Comment

Working...
        X