2006 F250TXR possible fuel problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006 F250TXR possible fuel problem

I'm posting a video of what I'm experiencing in the boat. I've been convinced that's is a fuel starvation issue until today someone mentioned "safemode". Didn't know these outboards had such a thing. Symptoms: will run fine at 4000rpm all day long. Once it's been at 4000rpm for awhile and try to go to WOT or 6000rpm, it dies or stutters. If I let it idle for awhile and go to WOT, I'll be able to holld 6000rpm for about 57 seconds before it stutters and I throw it into idle, but doesn't die. Actions: changed VST filter, fuel filter, and water/fuel separator, no help. I had my wife watch the fuel bowl during the event, says it never changed when engine stuttered. I'll call a stutter because at some point when it dies off of 6000rpm, it seems to have a bump before completely dying out suggesting that it's starving for fuel and not going into "safemode". This guy wants to charge me 110.00 to hook up diagnostics and see if the motor is going into safemode.

Question 1: if the low pressure pump is falling, will the motor self prime the VST at 4000rpm?

Question 2: if the high pressure pump is failing, will the motor run at all?

Question 3: is there a diagram/chart of where I can be monitoring pressures during engine run? i.e. which fuel lines to tee into, what pressure to be reading? at idle, at full throttle

Question 4: how do I verify the check valve at the VST? a) is this a viable solution to my problem?

Video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gm4_TrNQcDU

edit: and hello!!
Working...
X