2005 225HP V-Max Blown Power Heads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2005 225HP V-Max Blown Power Heads

At least ten 225HP V-Max power heads have blown up. 4 at my dealer and six currently in for repair at another dealership in my local area. Only the ones I know about so far. My dealer says that Yamaha recommends the addition of an extra inline canister fuel filter be put into my boat to prevent my engine from suffering this same fate. I understand what was found, is that the normal filter system is pluging up and restricting the fuel flow. A couple of filters have been found crushed. My new Engine has around 15 hours on it. What do you think the dealership wants me to pay for parts and labor?

Write to yamaha directly in so far as paying for parts and labor. In so far as the other problem also write a letter directly to Yamaha and by pass your dealer and consider a new or different engine,

Comment

Problem is the factory installed fuel filter is not cleaning the fuel enough and the high pressure fuel pump (1000 psi pump) is leaning out the fuel due to build up. A new in line filter added to the fuel system will take care of this problem. However the screw on filter canister should be replaced every 6 to 12 months.

Comment

make sure that you use the new 10 micron Yamaha filter/water seperator, it is rated for 90 GPH. the best price that I found is here on this web site.
        Dennis

Comment

Working...
        X