Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Service Bulletin oil pump Z250txrd [Boscoe]?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Service Bulletin oil pump Z250txrd [Boscoe]?

I have a customer that got this engine and I don't think the oil pump was switched out per service bulletin.
    The number on the linkage arm is 60v11, engine only has 56 hours on it. Thank you.

I have the bulletin some where but can't find it.

Comment

That is the pump that should have been replaced by a pump marked with 60V13.

If the motor has been running successfully all of these years does the customer really want to change from what works to ???

Comment

Thank you buddy

Comment

Only has 56 hours on it.

Comment

change the pump. look up any other bullitens that may be needed.

Comment

This guy just bought it and is trying to get the selling dealer to pay for the pump.

Comment

If the dealer was smart he would have sold the motor "as is, where is".

But if the dealer is smarter he will call Yamaha to see if they will pay. Might still be an open 90 code for the motor.

A 13 year old motor with only 56 hours? Must have been a barn find.

The pump won't be fixing the detonation problem in the 3.3 liter model. I would suggest the owner use only 91/93 octane. And make sure that he is not over propped. And don't go stomping on the throttle to reach WOT in 0.5 nanoseconds.

Comment

I called Yamaha, they said they will no longer hand out oil pump's.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
                    If the dealer was smart he would have sold the motor "as is, where is".

But if the dealer is smarter he will call Yamaha to see if they will pay. Might still be an open 90 code for the motor.

A 13 year old motor with only 56 hours? Must have been a barn find.

The pump won't be fixing the detonation problem in the 3.3 liter model. I would suggest the owner use only 91/93 octane. And make sure that he is not over propped. And don't go stomping on the throttle to reach WOT in 0.5 nanoseconds.

WOT in 0.5 nanoseconds is pretty fast Rodnut!!!!!

But that's what most want these days..I just don't get it.

0.00000000005 seconds from idle to the stop....I am still laughing.

Comment

Originally posted by panasonic View Post

WOT in 0.5 nanoseconds is pretty fast Rodnut!!!!!

But that's what most want these days..I just don't get it.

0.00000000005 seconds from idle to the stop....I am still laughing.
                      you are confused about who wrote that.

even a high speed crash into a solid wall will take longer than .5 nanoseconds to stop.
                      and depends on how fast you were running, as to how long all the debris takes to hit the ground and stop moving

Comment

Yes I thought it was Rodnut....lol

From idle to WOT is what I meant (throttle stop) Pretty fast on the lever.!!

Comment

How a bout a 60xl1001502 2004 model vz250 for a oil pump?

Comment

Comment

Thank's Boscoe

Comment

Working...
                              X