How to test ignition switch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to test ignition switch?

After running previously without a hitch , and pulling into the dock and switching the motor off, the Enduro 60 on my Whaler would not start again. No turning over; a flat nothing. And none of the accessories: running lights, bilge pump, etc. would turn on either. I (mistakingly) assumed the battery had died and trailered the boat home. Turns out the battery is fully charged and tested, but still nothing as far as the engine turning over or any accessories functioning.

What is the best way to determine if the problem lies with the ignition switch?

I doubt that it is the ignition switch given your statement that none of the accessories are operating. These are not normally powered via the ignition switch.

Do you have 12 volts at the motor from the battery?

How are the accessories wired?

Is a battery switch used to power the motor and the accessories? If so, I would check it first. Some how, some way, it appears that the electrical system from the battery to the motor and to the accessories is faulty.

Comment

Originally posted by adaco681 View Post
      After running previously without a hitch , and pulling into the dock and switching the motor off, the Enduro 60 on my Whaler would not start again. No turning over; a flat nothing. And none of the accessories: running lights, bilge pump, etc. would turn on either. I (mistakingly) assumed the battery had died and trailered the boat home. Turns out the battery is fully charged and tested, but still nothing as far as the engine turning over or any accessories functioning.

What is the best way to determine if the problem lies with the ignition switch?
      Can you PLEASE keep the issue on ONE THREAD? Its alot easier for folks trying to help. I just responded on the newer thread (pretty much reiterating Boscoes post).
      Last edited by TownsendsFJR1300; 04-03-2014, 08:48 AM.
      Scott
      1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Working...
      X