115 Four stroke cutting out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 115 Four stroke cutting out

Hello! I've been having an issue this summer with my 2004 115 engine. If I'm pulling a skier at higher speeds, and throttle back quickly (once they fall), the engine dies. It usually starts right back up, but I don't like how it does that. This summer I did an oil change, fuel filter change, spark plugs, and lower gear unit fluid. I can't think of what else to do. Any and all help appreciated.

Any issues idling other than what you describe?

Comment

myself?
      I would check the ISC and the link and sync.

Comment

No issues idling, in fact it runs great for the majority of the day, just the last hour of running is when it starts acting up. Please help a novice; what is the ISC, and what link and sync are you referring to?

Comment

I believe it is the Idle Speed Control valve.

link and sync it the procedures you use from the service manual to set everything properly

Comment

I'll take a look at it. I wonder if that would affect the motor at high RPM's.

Comment

I would not think so

Comment

Your description does not describe a high rpm issue. It happens when you quickly close the throttle. Shutting off the airflow if you will.....after running at high rpm.

Comment

What is your exact model and serial number of your engine located on the ID tag on the transom bracket ?

Comment

Correct. Running at high RPM's isn't a problem. I'll run it wide open and trimmed up a bit without any issues. The only issue is when I'm towing a skier or tuber, and throttle back.
                    Last edited by delaswim; 07-29-2018, 03:41 PM.

Comment

The exact model number is: F115TXRC
                      The serial number is 1024758
                      Then it states 68V, X and P
                      I'd attach a picture, but the forum is acting goofy.

Comment

Working...
                      X