New Exhaust Kit PARTS question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Exhaust Kit PARTS question

I am in the process of replacing the exhaust of my 2000 Yamaha F200. I need to know how many gasket(s) (part number 69J-45113-10) are required in the exhaust? The reason I asked is because I have two of them, one came with kit # 9999-03568 and another with kit 9999-03928. I need to know for sure before I install the power head.

Another question where does part number 69J-11355-00-00 SEAL CYLINDER goes to?

Thanks,

James

There was no F200 in 2000 here in the US. First year was 2002.

One 69J-45113-XX gasket is shown as being used. You should be referring to the parts catalog and the service manual.

Comment

Comment

Are your replacing the mid-section exhaust system due to corrosion?

99999-03568-00 is the part number for an exhaust manifold.

99999-03928-00 is the part number for exhaust manifold 1.

Are you not aware that Yamaha offers a complete kit that includes all of the parts and gaskets that are required to replace the mid-section components?

Boat Parts: mar-exhkt-03-00, mar-exhkt-04-00

Comment

For instance, here are all of the parts in the MAR-EXHKT-03-00 kit

PART #:
          69J-11351-01-00
          69J-41137-02-CA
          99999-03928-00
          69J-13411-00-00
          69J-15312-01-00
          69J-15311-10-CA
          69J-41134-A0-00
          99999-03568-00
          69J-41138-00-00
          69J-41135-A0-00
          69J-45181-10-9S
          6S1-41136-00-00
          69J-14711-00-9S
          69J-45127-00-00
          69J-45123-00-00
          93606-19M23-00
          93608-16M16-00

DESCRIPTION:
          Gasket, Cylinder
          Guide, Exhaust
          Manifold, Ext. 1
          Strainer, Oil
          Gasket, Oil Pan
          Oil Pan
          Gasket, Exhaust Manifold
          Manifold, Exhaust
          Seal, Ext. 1
          Gasket, Exhaust Manifold
          Plate
          Gasket, Exhausts Manifold
          Muffler 1
          Seal
          Gasket, Muffler
          Pin, Dowel
          Pin, Dowel

QTY:

Comment

Mr. B thanks for the reply, the engine year is 2003 mdl F200TXRB. I did order the exhaust kit that you mentioned, I was just wondering if I missed installing one more gasket since the two kits previously mentioned had both the gasket.
            I looked at the Yamaha manual and only saw one, just verifying. I guess I have a spare gasket.

Again
            Thanks

Comment

The oil pump of the F200 was leaking. Since I had to remove the power head to replace the pump I also decided to also replace the exhaust assembly. The dry exhaust has evidence of corrosion about half way to the power head. Note I also installed the crankshaft sleeve for the oil pump, but not yet bolted on the oil pump assembly. I am still waiting for the shock mount nuts (4), tmostat and other stuff from Boats.net. Three of the nuts are coming from Yamaha. I am expecting them to arrive this coming weekend.

Have you tried the EVERBRITE product?

Comment

there are going to be two gaskets that look almost identical.
                only ONE will work properly.
                there is a tech bulliten on identifying WHICH gasket to use based on the midsection housing.

use the wrong gasket and odds are high you will get to do it twice.

Comment

Grace,

send me a PM with your email address. I have some data for you that you might find useful.

Comment

OH OH....... parts assembled just waiting for the mounting nuts. Hope I used the correct gasket, both has the same number. I compared the gasket I used with the original gasket and they look identical.

Also I observed that the gasket has two different texture (or finish) on both sides. How do I determine which side of the gasket is suppose to face up towards the power head?

Sent you pm with my email.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by GRACE1951 View Post
                      OH OH....... parts assembled just waiting for the mounting nuts. Hope I used the correct gasket, both has the same number. I compared the gasket I used with the original gasket and they look identical.

Also I observed that the gasket has two different texture (or finish) on both sides. How do I determine which side of the gasket is suppose to face up towards the power head?

Sent you pm with my email.

Thanks
                      The 99999-03928-00 manifold ext. 1 has the correct gasket with it. So too does the 99999-03568-00 exhaust manifold. These are the correct parts for a 2002 - 2003 F200/F225.

The SM does not show the gaskets being installed in any particular direction.

PM sent. Wish that you had asked about all of this before you did the assembly but oh well.

Comment

Mr. B,

I also wished that I inquired how to assemble these parts. I did not realize that there was a forum on this site I found this out after I finish the assembly. From your response I gather that I correctly used the proper gasket. Right? And the gasket orientation does not matter.

Also as I disassemble the old exhaust, I lined them up in proper sequence and also I retained the gasket orientation in relation to the associated par(ts). As I assemble the new kit I used the shop manual and the visual reference using the disassembled part.

It would be helpful if the kit comes with instructions. Next exhaust assembly job will be a little bit easier for me.

Again mucho thank you for the responses and help that I correctly assembled the parts. Just to let you know that I torqued the bolts in accordance with the manual torque values and using the Harbor Freight torque wrench special.

Comment

F225 at 250 hours

Folks...just bought a Scout 235 with a 2003 F225. Motor runs strong all the way up to 6000 rims with no over heat alarms. It does have a weak tell tail stream, however. I've been learning about the dry exhaust issues. Should I figure on replacing as a preventative measure? Can you recommend a reputable mechanic here in SF Bay Area. Thanks!

Comment

the tell tale on the F V6 motors are weak when new.

simply drop the lower unit and have a look with a bore scope.
                            not all suffered corrosion issues.

that would be a good time to install a water pump as well.

Comment

Mr. B this is a follow up on my exhaust replacement effort.

When I pulled out the old exhaust I also have to pull out the gear shift assembly 69J44120-00-00. When I pulled out the gear shift assy the "o" ring 93210-09165-00 and grommet 6E5-42724-00-00 were left inside the shift rod cavity. I was not able to fish out these parts and these parts were not included in the parts kit. My question: if I remove the lower casing will I be able to access the "O" ring and grommet? Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Comment

Working...
                              X