350 command link plus not giving tach info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 350 command link plus not giving tach info

I just recently bought a 350 and the command link plus binnacle and round gauge set up. My tach is not giving me any data and the trim meter is also not working. I have a single hub system and everything is connected correctly. Is there a sensor on the motor for this that might be causing it not to send data. All components are brand new and were mated when I picked the motor up. Any help would be greatly appreciated. The motor is used but still under warranty.

is it command link plus OR command link round?
    cant be both.
    did it work correctly when you got it?
    what buttons have you been pushing?

Comment

Was the purchase new or used?

If new, did it work when you got the boat and motor from the dealer? If not, why didn't the dealer fix the problem before you accepted the boat/motor?

If your gauges are CL+ and round, do they look like those shown below? If not, go to this link, Gauges | Yamaha Outboards, view the various Yamaha gauges, and confirm what it is that you have.

And by the way, there is no Yamaha 350. It is an F350***. You need to tell us the complete model number of the motor.

Comment

like I said.
        its either command link plus OR its commandlink round.
        cannot be both .

two VASTLY different displays and vastly different methods of setup.

most 4.2 and 5.3L F motors since about 2010 are commandlink COMPATIBLE but can be rigged with 6y5,6y8 or 6y9 stuff.

Comment

command link plus. round gauges

Bought the motor used controls new. tech reset the ecu and started the motor before purchase. I took the motor back to jville fl. and installed everything myself. No problems with install.. Motor runs just having problems setting up the tach. Been told you have to follow directions perfect to get the guage to read the data. Work in progress. Thank u guys for the quick response. I have been told to make sure I set it up on engine one.

Comment

Originally posted by rodbolt17 View Post
            like I said.
            its either command link plus OR its commandlink round.
            cannot be both .

two VASTLY different displays and vastly different methods of setup.

most 4.2 and 5.3L F motors since about 2010 are commandlink COMPATIBLE but can be rigged with 6y5,6y8 or 6y9 stuff.
            From what I am seeing at Yamaha's website they now offer a round Command Link Plus display.

So, there is CL round and there is now CL+ round.

Note that the round gauges in the illustration that I posted are not the same as the Command Link round gauges.

No?

Comment

Working...
            X