p150tlrp water pump o ring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jerry Bailey View Post
    here is a try at it, says it is attached, maybe it is but do not see it in this message.
    Your pic posted but its of the outside of the WP case. Its below the message.

As stated above, the o-ring should fit in-between the SS cup and that housing. There should be a groove INSIDE that pictured cup for the o-ring.

Can you advise?
    Scott
    1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

I was not sure if I should take the cup out of the housing, afraid I would bend the thin metal cup. I have the o ring on order and will know its size when it arrives. I just assumed from the drawings that the o ring size had to fit around that crankshaft somewhere. In the meantime I was asking questions to get prepared to put all back together.
      Am also replacing fuel pumps, thermostats, and a couple of missing washers on the carb bowl drain screws. Both thermostats were partially blocked from what looked like pieces of previous impellars.
      1991 Kingfisher 179. Yamaha ProV 150, P150TLRP,Ser#352453, code 6J9L, eng#038614. prop-SS. 25-M.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry Bailey View Post
        I was not sure if I should take the cup out of the housing, afraid I would bend the thin metal cup. I have the o ring on order and will know its size when it arrives. I just assumed from the drawings that the o ring size had to fit around that crankshaft somewhere. In the meantime I was asking questions to get prepared to put all back together.
        Am also replacing fuel pumps, thermostats, and a couple of missing washers on the carb bowl drain screws. Both thermostats were partially blocked from what looked like pieces of previous impellars.
        Yes, the SS cup just pops out. Your smaller o-ring should be right there. The SS cup will only go back in one way.

If you purchased an entire water pump kit, that SS cup comes with it (and all the seals, impeller, 4 bolts, lower flat plate, alignment pins, etc).

If the housing (case) you took the picture of is damaged/melted, that you have to buy separate..
        Scott
        1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Working...
        X