Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S200TXRX head gasket

Hi Guys,

When replacing t-stats this year, 4 of 8 bolts snapped.So i began to remove the water jacket to get to the bodies of the snapped bolts and water jacket bolts began to snap.All told, i have 7 bolts snapped on each side.Tried to spray and grab with vise grips, but no joy.
    Made decision to pull cylinder head covers and replace with new.All bolts on head covers came out with no problems.Getting ready to reassemble with all new bolts and gaskets.I checked service manual and it makes no mention of these items below.
    Should i coat the bolts with anti-seize (always a no-no on outboards), grease, or something else to prevent this from happening again?
    When installing the gaskets (head, water jacket),are they same on both front and back?

I use permatex pipe sealeant with Teflon on most all 2 stroke head bolts and water cover bolts and grease on the T stat bolts.

Comment

Thanks Rodbolt

Comment

Rodbolt, all I can locate is Permatex thread sealant with Ptfe. Is this what you're talking about?

Comment

I am fairly sure pipe and thread sealant would be the same.
          Can not think of sealing a pipe without sealing the treads of said pipe

Comment

Working...
          X