Missing cap on air intake f80b?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing cap on air intake f80b?

Hello all, I'm new here and wondering if my 2009 f80b is missing some kind of cap on the air intake. Couldn't find it on a part list or pictures of similar engines. I hope someone can tell me if it's normal like this er should there be a cap on there (blue circle)?

nothing missing - that's completely normal for that model (and some others)

per Yamaha's literature, that apparatus "quiets" the sound of air being pulled into the engine

( a marvel, to me; can't imagine either how it would, or how anyone could come up with the idea)

Comment

and it works very well at reducing the sound. kinda like flipping the air cleaner lid on an old cheeby with a 4v Rochester.

Comment

Many thanks for the quick replies! It's a pretty quiet engine so it might work..

Comment

Originally posted by rodbolt17 View Post
          and it works very well at reducing the sound. kinda like flipping the air cleaner lid on an old cheeby with a 4v Rochester.
          I always thought that was just to reduce the restriction and allow more air in

Comment

actually, it was an illusion.
            my 72 monte carlo with a 350,turbo350 and 373 gears turned the same times in the 1/4 with the air cleaner lid in place or flipped.
            it was just louder with it flipped and seemed more powerful.

Comment

we had a 58 chevy with a 348 and 3 deuce setup we turned into a beach buggy.
              that thing would talk to you also when opened up
              cut it all down to were there was only the firewall,windshield, and front seat left of body,
              mounted the gas tank on a small wood bed we bolted behind the seat.
              I had coil springs so we were able to cut the frame off right behind the spring mounts
              that thing would smoke the tires off, no weight left to get any traction.
              fun play toy, suprized we never got hurt

Comment

Working...
              X