F60 Prop Reinstalling help!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F60 Prop Reinstalling help!!!

This weekend, I removed the prop on my 2010 F60 to grease the shaft and check for any fishing line before hitting the water this spring.

Prop came off with no problem, but when I reinstalled, it doesn't seem to be fitting the same.

I never removed the thrust washer, just lifted it a bit to clean and grease and put it right back down in place. I put the prop back on and it slid on with no problem and seemed to go all the way on. Next, I put the washer back in place and went to put the nut on to tighten. Here's where I noticed the problem. With the washer on, I can't get the nut down far enough to tighten to a point where the cotter pin holes show. It's almost like the prop isn't all the way to the bottom, but I took it off and put it back on so many times trying to figure out what's wrong and it's all the way to the bottom.

No matter what I try, I can't get the original washer and nut to fit down the shaft to the point where I can put the cotter pin back in.

Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated.

Try flipping the spacer (part #19 below link) over. There's not much else there to go wrong.

Make sure there's nothing as well behind that washer keeping it from seating fully...

http://www.boats.net/parts/search/Ya...02/parts.html#

Please post what you find.. Good luck..
    Last edited by TownsendsFJR1300; 03-24-2014, 02:00 PM.
    Scott
    1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

I actually tried that. When I flip it, it doesn't sit properly on the shaft or in the back of the prop. I cleaned it about 10 times to make sure there was no junk stopping it from going all the way down.

I thought this was going to be a 10 minute job, but it's now incredibly frustrating. Can't figure out what's keeping it from fitting back on properly.

Comment

Working...
      X