F40TLR main jet issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F40TLR main jet issues

I am trying to upgrade the main jets on my 2007 F40TLR. Found the pilot jets on jetsrus, but they did not have the correct diameter thread for the main jets. I changed the pilot jets but still the same troubles as before with the hesitation and stalling out.when accelerating. Had a lot of hope as quite a few people have said the re jetting is the cure for the carbs from Hell. The frustration continues as I have not been able to find these jets except for the stock #95. Any help would be appreciated.

The main jet from an F25LA model will work. It is a #108. Expensive if from Yamaha. Or you could drill your jets out a size or two at a time and see what happens.

Have you verified that the accelerator system is working correctly in your carburetors? You should be able to see a visible stream of fuel flow from the accelerator pump nozzle when the carburetor is opened up quickly. The nozzle can clog and a ball in the float bowl can get clogged and jam up.

Comment

This has been an ongoing problem with this motor. Yes always expensive from Yamaha. Considering getting some bits and drilling. Going to check out the accelerator pump tomorrow. Thanks

Comment

Send me an email address via PM and I can send you some literature regarding proper cleaning of the carburetor.

Comment

Working...
        X