Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help F225 gauges and remote control

Hi guys!

Need littlebit help on connecting my boat motor with remote control box and digital gauges.
    I have Yamaha F225 2007+ and Yamaha 703 remote control box.
    I understand that there is 9-pin cable coming from the engine and going to remote box, therefor are red/yellow/blue/green/black and extra cables for trim and tilt purple/green/red. But I don't understand where can I get signal to my gauges which type is 4yp. Both tacho and speedometer.

I really hope to have some help because the summer is behind the door.
    I appologise if my language is bad.

A 703 control box for certain motors has attached to it what is referred to as a ten pin harness. There is an extra wire in the harness for a choke, which your motor does not required.

Also attached to the control box are four wires. Red, yellow, black and green. These wires connect to a small fused harness that connects to Yamaha gauges.

There are other wires coming from the control box that can be used for an optional trim and tilt switch if you care to add a third one to the boat. Red, sky blue and grass green.

There is also another harness that runs from the motor to the gauges.

See attached illustration and link to the source data.

2013-MRP-Catalog

Comment

That picture helped me very well... Now I understand that the tacho is 6y5 and yes I have the 10 pin connector, but I can't find the trim and oil harness connection in my engine...
      Can someone tell me some directions where can I find the trim connection cable from my F225 engine...

And I have a extra tachometer 6Y8T... Would it be easier to connect or not...

Thanks again for fast replies...

Comment

Look at the front of the motor in the engine pan. It may be buried beneath some stuff. It is an ivory coloured nylon four pin connector. It will look just like a connector on the end of the trim/oil harness.

A 6Y8 tachometer is somewhat easier to connect than a 6Y5 tachometer is but you will need other stuff to make the connections. Harnesses, hubs, resistors, so on and so forth.

Comment

But the four pin connection is with pink, pink/white, pink/black, pink/black does this connect to my tacho where is green/white, green/red, white/red, blue/white?
          And I have one extra connection behind my tacho with grey, pink, orange, black/white... What for is that? Does that

Comment

Main problem is that I can't find the trim meter connection from my engine. RPM is showing correctly but can't find cable to connect trim meter...

Comment

Originally posted by Gollane224 View Post
              But the four pin connection is with pink, pink/white, pink/black, pink/black does this connect to my tacho where is green/white, green/red, white/red, blue/white?
              And I have one extra connection behind my tacho with grey, pink, orange, black/white... What for is that? Does that
              Yamaha is notorious for changing wire colours across connectors. The wire colours for the engine side of the connector are different than they are in the trim/oil harness. That is just the way that Yamaha does their sometimes crappy design.

If your tachometer has two ivory coloured four pin connectors then it is not the correct one for your motor. But, it can be made to work. Pre 2005 USA motors had two connectors, the trim/oil harness had two connectors and the tachometer had two connectors. Post 2005 the engine was changed such that there is but one connector, the trim/oil harness has but one connector and the tachometer has but one connector.

If so, sounds like you might need the conversion harness at the tachometer.

Comment

Yes, I have the two pin connection for trim, it's pink and black... I connected it to my tacho four pin cable... There is pink, black, gray and blue... Don't know what for are the gray and blue but trim meter works now...
                Next issue is the other striped cables, can i connect them to the four pinned cable which comes from the front of the engine(4 pink cables)...
                From wiring diagram I see that the pinks are warning indicators, and the striped cables behind tacho are oil preassure level warning or something like that...
                Last edited by Gollane224; 03-23-2014, 10:24 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X