300 XCA Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 300 XCA Help

I have an 2018 300 XCA on my new boat. During break in, we were getting 48.9 MPH at 5512 RPM at 13 hours. At 22 hours we got 50-51 MPH at 5518 RPM. Both these were at full fuel load and trim set until MPH started to drop then touched back. After my break in service, I have not been able to get over 40 PMH and only 5450 RPM. Took it back and they couldn’t find anything wrong. Told me they got 5800 RPM but didn’t check the speed. I can get 5800 RPM, but have to trim so high it loses speed. My throttle doesn’t respond from a little over 3/4 to full. No noticeable increase in engine response. Could this be a Command link issue or has anyone experienced this? Thanks.

is the speed taken from a pitot or a GPS?

Comment

going against the current and wind or with it makes a difference also if using GPS

Comment

Using GPS. SIMRAD with the Precision 9. Went both ways up inter coastal. Only made a 1 MPH difference with the current.

Comment

was that when you could not get but to 40MPH or during other times also?

Comment

A drop of 70 rpm equates to 10mph?

Or am I reading incorrectly again. If it was my F300 I would demand 6000 rpm from the all knowing, incredibly talented dealer.

Comment

I could not get to 40 MPH after the service under any condition. Also I could not get up past 5450 RPM without losing speed. This all happened after the break-in service.

Comment

Wild guess is the boat was never set up correctly. Correct prop or engine height. Dealer needs to remedy. I would try to get a dealer rep on boat for a water test. Go ahead and video too. One step at a time. Don’t be threatening. Hopefully a simple fix.

Finally, what boat and weight, curious....

Comment

Sportsman 241. Approx dry weight listed is 3400lbs. Yes I plan on taking the service manager on a water test.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob_Beebe View Post
                    Sportsman 241. Approx dry weight listed is 3400lbs. Yes I plan on taking the service manager on a water test.
                    Where are you located Bob Beebe?

Comment

Charleston, SC

Comment

Working...
                      X