225 V max battery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 225 V max battery

Looking to replace my current battery with a new one. At this time I really only have room for one battery. For accessories I really only run a fish finder, nav lights, and a washdown pump for short periods of time. I am really confused on my battery choices. Or should I go through the process of finding another place to mount a second or third battery? Any help is much appreciated.

get the biggest dual purpose starting battery that will fit in the spot.
    you want something with at least 650 MCA
    I don't recommend maint free batteries for marine applications.

Comment

What is the application?

If the motor is used on a freshwater lake and your one battery dies it is not the end of the world. If it is used in the briney blue and you run forty and fifty miles out it might be desirable to have a second battery.

Second battery dedicated solely to powering all stuff except for the motor. It can be run dead, no harm no foul. And, it is available to start the motor should the main start battery take a dump.

A dual purpose battery is fine and so too is a deep cycle type battery as long as it has sufficient output to start the motor. With batteries, bigger is usually better if you have the room and can stand the weight.

If you have the bucks, many are in love with their AGM battery(s). They do have some attributes that conventional lead acid batteries don't.

What is the specific model of your motor? Many Yam has a second output so that a second battery can be completely isolated from the main start battery.

Many don't give a second thought to their battery(s) and get along just fine. Some worry over them ad nauseam.

When it comes to brands, I have had great success with AC Delco Voyagers. Lots of bang for the buck.

Comment

Working...
      X