FT9.9AE X 1998 model oil pressure warning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FT9.9AE X 1998 model oil pressure warning

Paradoxically the green oil pressure light on this model is on when pressure is ok and goes out when pressure drops, when the revs should also drop to idle. The fact that the light is invisible in bright sunlight is not a problem in Wales however its position is such that I must lie on the ****pit floor to see it (this is not something I do often as I usually sail alone). I would like to add a buzzer and a light that come on when the oil pressure drops, and suggestions would be welcome. This is the engine on which I reconditioned the head last year, with much help from the forum. Thus far the engine is going well but it awaits a really good trial as launching was very late this year due to overambitious plan to Coppercoat the hulls.

A prudish forum.......
    The, er, ****pit is that part of the boat between the transom and the cabin where I stand and get wet and cold when out boating.....

Comment

The green oil pressure bulb is powered by "more than 65 volts AC" the service manual states. So maybe an LED bulb can be found easily to run off that voltage and put in a position that you can see without laying on the floor....

Comment

See here for viewing but buy from boats.net

http://www.marineengine.com/parts/ya...X/620300280029

Comment

Working...
        X