F250 "Maintenance" warning on Tach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F250 "Maintenance" warning on Tach

Hello all. I just purchased a new to me boat with twin 2008 F250's (manufactured in 2007). There are 242 hours on the motors. According to the seller, the motors were recently serviced. I had the motors checked by a marina before buying, but I bought long distance and don't have a lot of confidence in who checked them out. I just got the boat yesterday and am learning how to use it, so forgive me if this is so stupid. As soon as I turn the keys on, the two tach gauges have the word "Maintenance" scrolling across them and the hours "242" blinking. If I hit the "mode" button it stops and all is well. I have no owner's manual but read what I could of one online and saw nothing addressing this issue. Can anyone please explain whether I have a problem or need to do something?

Go to Yamaha Outboards

Read the FAQ about resetting the tachometer. There is a video showing how.

Comment

When a servicing dealer or technician services your motors, they reset the 'Maintenance' reminder, which puts up the message you are seeing after 100 operating hours. To reset each engine tach' ( after you have service performed) :

1. press and hold mode until menu comes up

2. press mode to cycle through menu to 'maintenance'

3. press 'set' to select maintenance

4. press and hold 'mode' and 'set', to reset

Comment

Thank you guys. So what I gather is it's no problem, assuming he did the maintenance, which I have to assume he did. I'll reset and hope for the best. Thank you again.

Comment

I don't think that you have a problem.

Most Yam motors don't have tachometers with a maintenance reminder.

I doubt the mechanic even knew your tachometers were indicating the need for maintenance and therefore he did not reset them. If he did the maintenance at 99.9 hours the message would not have appeared. If the boat was operated for .2 hours after the maintenance was done the message would pop up.

Comment

Working...
          X