Trim quit suddenly on 2006 F225

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trim quit suddenly on 2006 F225

I have a Yamaha 2006 F225 4 stroke. I was out on the water and noticed my trim quit working when I tried to go anchor up on the sand bar. I tried on both the motor switch and the switch on the handle. When the switch is engage I can hear the motor running but the trim does not go up. I asked around and was told could be missing oil. If so, how do I refill it? Or if not, what could be happening? Can it be a problem in the plug instead? I want to check the plug but I tried following the cables from the trim up to the motor head but they get mixed with many others and I get lost.

if the switches make the motor run, what plug are you looking for

Comment

if the trim motor runs the most likely failure is lack of oil due to a seal leak.

Comment

I believe there's also a release bolt (large flat head screw actually) accessable thru the side of the main, transom mounting bracket. The bracket should be marked with raised lettering and an arrow. The screw is inside that hole

If its loose/leaking, the hydralics won't work and will bleed out.

Sent you a PM re, re-flling /checking the level
        Last edited by TownsendsFJR1300; 03-15-2014, 08:14 AM.
        Scott
        1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Your system sounds like it is low on oil, as other members post . Probably due to the trim cylinder seals ( the 2 short cylinders ) most likely, as they tend to be a problem on the F225/250's. The oil fill is on the reservoir, located on the left ( Port) side of the engine TT assembly, there is a 17 mm hex nut with an o ring that you remove, but the boat needs to be hauled to check the oil.Dont open it with the boat launched.

Comment

Working...
          X