How do I check warning alarm F225

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I check warning alarm F225

I have a 2006 F225 and would like to confirm the operation of the high cooling water and low oil pressure warning system alarm buzzer. How would I do this?
    Keith

the easiest way is to pull the kill lanyard and spin the motor, the horn should sound, put the kill lanyard back in and it should turn off, this only checks the operation of the horn, if the horn works, I would safley assume the sensors are working fine..

Comment

that test will check the alarm.
      to actually see the display you will need a 220 ohm resistor and a 2000 ohm resistor.
      both avalible at radio shack.

Comment

You can check part of the alarm system by pulling the kill switch and cranking the motor. The buzzer will sound.

To check the thermoswitch alarm system, disconnect the pink and black leads from a switch. On the engine side connect the pink wire to the black wire. They will plug and play. Start the motor and wait several minutes. The alarm should sound and the over temp icon/lamp on a Yamaha tachometer will flash.

To check the thermosensor, disconnect the sensor from the engine harness. On the engine harness side connect the two wires together using a 2000 ohm resistor. Start the motor and wait a while. The alarm should sound and the over temperature icon/lamp should flash.

To check the oil pressure switch, disconnect the pressure sensor from the engine harness On the engine harness side connect the two wires together using a 220 ohm resistor. Start the motor and wait a bit of time. The alarm should sound and the oil pressure icon/lamp should flash.

Any number of resistors can be added together to obtain the resistance values mentioned if you don't have ones of the precise values available.

Comment

Thanks for the easy way to test the horn, something i have been wondering about since I bought my new to me boat. Thanks guys.

Comment

Working...
          X