E10 and rubber needle valve tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E10 and rubber needle valve tips

In view of the propensity of alcohol to degrade rubber is it possible to get all metal needle valves to replace the rubber tipped ones in the carb float chamber, for example in my T9.9 2009 motor?

You can only get what they offer. Mercury has some metal tipped needles.

Comment

Originally posted by cleddau1 View Post
      In view of the propensity of alcohol to degrade rubber is it possible to get all metal needle valves to replace the rubber tipped ones in the carb float chamber, for example in my T9.9 2009 motor?
      You have ethanol in your fuel over there?

Comment

5% now but due to go to 10% soon........

Comment

Have you seen the latest version of those needles actually degrade? Betting more modern versions are some type of nitrile synthetic. Which is very tough.

Comment

I have not, but a fellow catamaran owner with a 2016 T9.9 in California has.....
            The needle valves are less than 10 dollars each so could be replaced at the annual service.....

Comment

As mentioned, it's very doubtful that those tips are any kind of natural rubber...there's lots of synthetics that could be used with great success.....my 1999 C90 is almost 20 years old and I've experienced no deterioration of any rubber parts, including fuel lines....and I run 10% ethanol gas all the time.....

Comment

Working...
              X